Monday, January 27, 2014

Day One after Launch Academy

Whew!  It's my first Monday back in the world and without the safety net of Launch Academy.  It is a bit anti-climatic, as there are two days of interviews beginning tomorrow, along with our graduation party on Wednesday night.  I think Thursday might feel more like the 'first day'.  But here I am.

I've created a daily agenda and am committed to using it to structure my days so as to not interrupt my work flow that I've been cultivating over the past 11 weeks.  I'll miss stand-up every morning, but I suppose I can enlist Dexter to be my standup partner.  For now, my agenda is:

8:00 to 9:00 am - GYM!  (I haven't gotten to do that since October.....)

9:00 to 10:00 am - Review Stack Overflow E-mails from day before.  Try to contribute an answer a day.  

10:00 am to Noon - Personal project work on TravelMonkey.  One new feature and a clean push to GitHub daily.

Noon to 1pm - Lunch.  Mandatory - just like at Launch.

1:00 to 2:00 - Refactor Throwback with a clean push to GitHub daily.

2:00 to 4:00 - Company research, resume distribution, networking, Twitter/LinkedIn, Blog Posting, media consumption.

It's not an intention, it's a commitment.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment